Sunday 19 December 2021

Summer learning journey

When I started my coding activity I spawned into a space lab. To start coding I had to choose an agent. I chose Yeti because of his golden eyes. The first coding task I completed was to help a man get his Trumpet. I have coded before so I had a bit of a head start. When I got the man his Trumpet, I had to find a button to go back to the lab. But When I pressed the button a room opened. It had a picture of two agents. Pixie and Rascal. I chose Rascal because because I did not think the culprit was Pixie. Then I got sent back to the space lab. Next I warped to around 2780 BCE. My mission was to help an architect inspire the king by building a triangle but with my agent. I think it was the hardest activity because you have to start by placing sand at the opposite side of my work place. By the time I got the hang of it, it became much easier. When I found the next button, another room opened. Inside there were two more pictures. It was Pixie and Banshee. I choose Pixie because she was on two of the pictures. Next I had to help Apollo 11 get onto the moon. I think it was the easiest activity because I was told how to do it. When I found the button I saw pixie again. When I picked her again it said the time thief was found. When she went into her container she said she would be back. She broke the metal bars, went into the time machine and time-warped into another timeline. I wonder what will happen next time... 

4 comments:

  1. Mōrena Chris!

    WOW, ka pai on getting your Certificate of Completion for Hour of Code! You have included so much detail about your journey on Minecraft! It sounds like such an adventure! I have never played Minecraft before, but you made it sound so appealing!

    Do you often play Minecraft?

    Did you know that there are so many SLJ activities you can try out? It might be a great way to spend a rainy day on the West Coast!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like going on minecraft at school and playing with my friends. I created a minecraft elephant. I had minecraft on my Ipad, and a few of my friends play, but when I tried to sign in I think I missed a step then it said I violated the terms of service. When I tried again it said the same error so I am in the process of downloading it again. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

      Delete
    2. Mōrena Chris!

      Do you play Minecraft at school?! What an awesome school you must go to!

      Wow, a Minecraft elephant... that's pretty impressive!

      Oh dear, keep at it! Maybe you put the log in details incorrect? Good problem solving!

      No worries about the comment! I'd love to see more of your posts for SLJ! Give some more a go!

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora

    Chris!

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. It is Awesome to see that you have completed the minecraft hour of code. Did you enjoy this activity, what did you enjoy most about completing the minecraft hour of code? I really enjoy using minecraft as you can learn skills and build a wonderful world around you. Learning the progrmm in the hour of code is really impressive and fun.

    You should be very proud of your mahi and Well Done!!!

    What advice would you give somebody who wants to give this activity a go?

    I’m looking forward to seeing your next blog post!!!

    Remember to have an Awesome Summer !!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.